Engine Repairs in Weston Super Mare
We provide a wide range of engine repairs in Weston Super Mare. Covering most vehicles, our services include head gasket replacement, cylinder head reconditioning, timing chain replacement, cam and cam follower replacement, sump replacement, oil pickup pipe filter cleaning and oil seal and gasket replacements.
Head Gasket Replacement in Weston Super Mare
If you're looking for more than just engine repairs in Weston Super Mare, we also offer other engine services including head gasket replacement.
- Do you have a creamy substance under your oil filler cap or in your cooling system?
- Is your engine is blowing excessive amounts of steam out of you exhaust pipe and your car is losing coolant?
- Does your engine overheat?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you may have a problem with your head gasket. Bring your car in and we will carry out various diagnostic tests to isolate the problem. If your head gasket is found to be faulty and you authorise us to repair it, we will remove the cylinder head and have it skimmed flat. We will thoroughly clean and prepare all surfaces and refit the cylinder head with new gaskets, top up antifreeze and test everything before returning it to you.
Cylinder Head Reconditioning in Weston Super Mare
- Does your engine smoke through the exhaust pipe?
- Is your engine miss-firing?
- Does your engine tap or knock when it’s running?
These symptoms can point to problems with your cylinder head. Smoke through the exhaust pipe is commonly caused by worn out valve stem seals, miss-fires can be caused by burnt out valves or valve seats or defective valve lifters and a tapping or knocking noise can also be caused by defective valve lifters or a worn camshaft. Our cylinder head reconditioning service can rectify these problems and improve the cleanliness, quietness and overall performance of you engine.
Other Engine Repair Services in Weston Super Mare
In addition to the larger tasks detailed above we can carry out many smaller jobs on your engine:
- Timing Chain Replacement to get rid of the rattling noise caused by a worn timing chain.
- Cam and Cam Follower Replacement to cure noises and miss-fires caused by a worn camshaft and cam followers.
- Sump Replacement.
- Oil Pickup Pipe Filter Cleaning to cure low oil pressure caused by a blocked oil pickup pipe.
- Oil Seal and Gasket replacements to cure various oil leaks.
In addition to the items above we can carry out many other engine related repairs. Call us now for advice.
Other services available
While your vehicle is in for a engine work, why not also book your vehicle in for its annual service. Furthermore, you can also book your vehicle in for its annual MOT test and a variety of other services.
Get a quote
To get a quote for any kind of work, including clutch repairs and replacements, simply fill out the form and we'll get in touch as soon as possible.